- Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics from Auburn University.
- Master of Science degree in mathematics from University of Alabama in Birmingham.
- Professional teacher for more than 30 years
- 18 semester hours of post graduate studies at UAB.
- In the summer of 2006 I completed courses in Discrete Dynamical Systems and in Advanced Web Design.
- In the summer of 2007 I completed courses in Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic and Special Topics of Binomial Expansions and Determinations of Pi.
mathinabox at gmail dot com
SUSAN O. JOHNSEY
- I have over 30 years of experience teaching and tutoring math students from primary school math to college calculus and differential equations.
- I presently tutor math in my home, on the world wide web and at a home school co-op in Mountain Brook, AL.
- I have been teaching online math classes since 2002; first at Universalclass.com and now at my own web site.
I offer 9 online math classes year round. 6 Algebra and 3 Geometry. One of these is a free factoring polynomials class.
- I can help you or your child with arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, precalculus, calculus, differential equations, and other topics.
- I homeschooled our four children for 17 years. I was responsible for teaching them all of their subjects.
- I enjoy teaching math, and I have found it to be a real challenge to create and teach algebra classes on the world wide web.
- I am presently teaching Precalculus at a homeschool co-op in Mountain Brook, and
- I am teaching Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry online.
- I have began writing a Precalculus review course that I will offer online soon.
- I also tutor 10 to 15 students from the local high schools and
- I tutor university and community college students in Precalculus, Calculus and Differential Equations.
I also give free advice (I will gladly help you with 2 or 3 problems for free) and I tutor online for a reasonable rate.
You may pay me by using TUTORING SERVICES link below.
- $10 for 15 minutes of tutoring or
- $18 for 30 minutes of tutoring or
- $35 for one hour of tutoring.
Please email me first or send the problems and discuss what you need. I answer email at least 350 days of the year, several times a day.
My tutoring room consists of a white board where we can both write and talk (mic needed) or we can chat. You will hear me and see me work problems for you. You can ask questions by using your mic or by a chat box.
|Teaching math is an everyday occurrence for me! Teaching math is also my gifting. I enjoy learning math, and I also enjoy teaching math. I teach all ages, all abilities and many areas of math.
In 2011 I began writing a blog. I do not have very many entries thus far, but you will find some with rather interesting math topics. My students have posted several recommendations of my classses there too.
MY BLOG LINK.
Please read some of the comments at my blog above or here at my web site
I am very grateful.
- If you need help with algebra or with any math problem for Kindergarten to College Calculus then please contact me.
- Here at my web site you can find links to my online algebra and geometry classes; as well as, links to my algebra lessons, videos, and worksheets. You can complete my free algebra placement test
- You may contact me for advice concerning your math education or your child's.
- If you need algebra or geometry or precalculus or calculus tutoring services and you live in the
Hoover, Alabama areas then please email me, Susan Johnsey, and request my phone number.
Please read: Recommendations from parents and students
You may email me for more information and my rates of pay.